You’ll Love These Applesauce Oat Muffins
In our house muffins hold a grand place of honor in the hands of the toddlers. These travel-friendly little cakes are, in my opinion, the perfect food; especially for little kids.
Muffins are just the right size for little hands and little mouths as well. During the warm months, I can give a kid a muffin from the back door and they run gleefully across the yard with snack in hand. Healthy, hearty and delicious, muffins are a meal in one.
If you’re concerned with feeding your family healthy muffins, and who isn’t of course, there are some wonderful choices in recipes. Low-fat versions are good for diet conscious parents as well. Not that a hungry little kid is going to notice, however!
Here is a healthy and delicious Applesauce Oat Muffins recipe for you to try.
Servings: One dozen | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Difficulty: Easy
- 1-1/2 cups oats
- 1-1/4 cs flour
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c milk
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add applesauce, milk, brown sugar, egg, oil.
- Mix just until moist, about 10 strokes, do not over mix.
- Put in muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until passes toothpick test.